Hosting or web hosting is an online hosting assistance that gives you the ability to publish a web application or a website on the Internet.
When we get this excellent tool, we generally rent a space inside a server, in order to store all the data and files of your web site, all this with the purpose of making it work correctly. In the following article you will understand all your concerns about the topic to be discussed.
Hosting or web hosting operation
A server is embedded in a physical computer that runs uninterruptedly, so that the website is available all the time, to any individual who wishes to view it.
Your supplier is in charge of keeping the server in good working order. It protects the server from malicious attacks by transferring content (such as images and text) from your server to your visitors’ browsers.
When we make the decision to create a web page from scratch, we have to locate a company in charge of supplying us with this product, so that they can help you provide space within a server.
The provider helps store all your media, databases and files within the server. That is to say, every time a user types the domain name in the address bar from his browser; your server will receive the signal in order to transfer all the required files, in order to meet the demand.
It is important to create a good plan to improve its adaptation to your required needs.
A very singular analogy on the operation of this product, is with the renting of houses; since the rent must be paid regularly in order to be able to give maintenance to the server and in this way, to operate the same one in a continuous way.
There are many scams on the net, and that is why, in order to minimize risks, Hostinger plans should come with a 30-day money back guarantee. That way, there is greater reliability in the customer for the companies in charge of providing the product.
As the website grows, you will need more server space.
Customers do not need to have advanced programming skills to perform regular web site administration activities. Consequently, you will be able to:
- Install content management systems such as Worpress.
- Upload HTML files to the server.
- Create backups for your website.
- Direct access to your database.
Most web servers use a hosting platform called cPanel. This tool is somewhat intimidating for users who have no technical knowledge in the field and who want to get their sites up and running immediately.
What do suppliers provide?
The suppliersThey provide a space within the server for your website. As well as, these web hosting companies offer other products, concerning website management, such as:
- E-mail and site builders.
- SSL Certificates.
- Customer service 24 hours a day.
- Automatic website backups.
- Installation of software, such as WordPress or Drupal and many more, with a single click.
- Tools for developers.
How many types are there?
Most of the companies in charge of providing the product offer different types of services in order to meet the needs of different types of customers.
Whether the client wants to set up a simple personal blog or be the owner of a large online company, they will always need a website associated with your business. These are the most popular options to get your host:
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server).
- Shared Hosting.
- Hosting with dedicated server.
- WordPress Hosting.
- Cloud hosting.
The recommended for websites that are just starting is to go slowly and when the site reaches the desired number of traffic, switch to more advanced plans. Whatever the case may be, each of the options will be described in more detail:
- Shared Hosting: The companies in charge of offering the product, generally offer several plans for each type of hosting.
This web hosting archetype is one of the most voted options when it comes to responding to customer needs. Thus, it represents an ideal option for small businesses and personal blogs.
This type of web hosting, you can share a server with other potential customers. It should be noted that the websites hosted on the single server share all their resources, such as computing power, memory, disk space, among others.
- VPS Hosting: When using a VPS (virtual private server), you are still sharing a server with other users. However, your web server assigns you a completely isolated partitioning on that server. This means that the customer will get a dedicated server space and a discrete amount of memory and resources.
VPS hosting can be an excellent ally for medium-sized businesses, as it can have a positive impact on the fast growing traffic and number of web pages.
- Cloud Hosting: is the most reliable solution currently on the market. Since, with cloud hosting, the company can provide you with a series of servers, where your resources, your files will be replicated on each server.
- WordPress Hosting: Your server is set up specifically for WordPress and the site comes with pre-installed pligins to perform essential tasks such as security and caching.
Generally speaking, it is the service we need if we want to publish a website in order to create an online presence. It allows website owners to easily reach millions of people around the world.